- Giulia Semenzato stars in Falstaff, Nannetta, at Teatro alla Scala!
- Giulia Semenzato and Luigi de Donato, Rossi’s Orfeo new production!
- Giulia Semenzato makes her debut in Paris with René Jacobs!
- Così fan tutte in Florence, GIULIA SEMENZATO is Despina
- Giulia Semenzato is Celia in Lucio Silla – Teatro alla Scala
- no article present
- Mozart’s Lucio Silla (Celia), Teatro alla Scala – M.Minkowski/M.Pynkoski
- Mozart’s Così fan tutte (Despina), Drotningholm Festival – M.Minkowski/I.Alexandre
- Cimarosa’s Matrimonio Segreto (Carolina), Innsbruck Festival – A.De Marchi
- Paisiello’s Grotta di Trofonio (Eufelia), Teatro San Carlo – A.De Marchi
- Verdi’s Falstaff (Nannetta), Teatro alla Scala – Z.Metha/D.Michieletto
- Mozart’s Don Giovanni (Zerlina), Teatro alla Scala – P.Jarvi/R. Carsen
- Mozart’s Così fan tutte (Despina), Opera di Firenze – R.Böer/L.Mariani
- Cavalli’s Elena (title-role), Aix en Province Festival – L.Alarcon/J-Y.Ruf
- Cavalli’s Eritrea (title-role), Venice La Fenice – S.Montanari / O.Lexa
- Conti’s Don Chischotte, Paris, T. an der Wien and Cologne – R.Jacobs
Giulia Semenzato earned her degree with full marks in singing at the “Benedetto Marcello” Conservatory in Venice where she studied under Silvia da Ros, Giancarlo Pasquetto and Silva Stella. In 2015 she graduated with honours at Schola Cantorum in Basel specializing in Baroque music with Rosa Dominguez. She also attended masterclasses with Margareth Honig, Bernadette Manca di Nissa, Paul Triepels, Christopher Robson, Cinzia Forte, Vivica Genaux, Gemma Bertagnolli, Roberto Pasquetto, M.K. Kiehr, Ana Rodrigo, E.Giussani. She studied Jazz with F.Bertazzo Hart and A.London.
Winner of the International Competition “Toti dal Monte” 2012 in Treviso with the role of Elisetta in Cimarosa’s Matrimonio Segreto, she consequently debuted in Teatro di Treviso (2012), Teatro di Ferrara, Teatro di Rovigo (2013), Lucca and Ravenna (2014). In July 2013 she took part to the Academie of the Aix-en-Provence Festival and consequently she was chosen for the title-role in Elena by F.Cavalli in Theatre Operà de Lille, Lisbon, Renne, Anger, Nantes with the orchestra “Cappella Mediterranea” directed by L. Alarcon. She debuted as Sandrina in Piccinni’s “La Cecchina” (Teatro Malibran 2010); Maria in Nino Rota’s “I due timidi” (Teatro Malibran 2011).
Winner of the Cesti Singing Competition in Innsbrück 2014 and “Premio Farinelli” for the best singer at the Concorso Lirico Città di Bologna 2013.
In February 2015 she debuted Clelia at Teatro alla Scala in Mozart’s Lucio Silla under the baton of Marc Minkowski and she performed Abra in Juditha Triumphans in Venice’s La Fenice conducted by Alessandro De Marchi.
She sang Gloria by Vivaldi together with Sara Mingardo and Caldara’s Morte e sepoltura di Cristo and The Mozart’s Coronation Mass on tour in Spain with Fabio Biondi. She sang some new rediscovered Cantatas by Stradella under the direction of René Jacobs at Fondazione Cini in Venice.
In July 2014 she sang the title-role in Cavalli’s Eritrea under S.Montanari at Teatro La Fenice, Venice.
Recently she sang Handel’s Messiah, Pergolesi’s Stabat Mater and Mozart’s Requiem with La Barocca and the conductor Ruben Jais.
She recently took part in prestigious productions such as: Despina in Mozart’s Cosi fan Tutte in Florence Opera; Conti’s Don Chishotte under René Jacobs in Paris Philarmonie, Theater an der Wien and Cologne Philarmonie; Venere/Proserpina in Rossi’s Orfeo with Raphael Pichon in Nancy, Opera Royal de Versailles….
Present and future engagements include: Carolina in Matrimonio Segreto at the Innsbruck Festival and the main role in La Grotta di Trofonio at the Teatro San Carlo in Naples with Alessandro De Marchi; Despina in Così fan tutte with Marc Minkowski at the Drottningholm Opera Festival and Michal in Handel’s Saul at the Theater an der Wien. La Scala invited her again in 2016/2017 in two different production: Zerlina in Don Giovanni with P. Jarvi and Nannetta in Falstaff with Z. Metha.
Giulia graduated in Law (Bachelor) at University of Udine (2012).
Last Edited October 2016
DOWNLOAD Biography in English and Italian: SEMENZATO Giulia _ CV ENG & ITA