- Cyril Auvity celebrates the (re)opening of the Opera comique with Jordi Savall!
- Cyril Auvity is Orfeo with Paul Agnew, Musical Direction and staging !
- Cyril Auvity makes his Orfeo debut inaugurating #Monteverdi 450!
- Purcell’s Dido and Enea directed by Cécile Roussat and Julien Lubek!
- Cyril Auvity at the Bayerische Staatsoper Munich !
- Monteverdi’s Orfeo (title role) – European tour – Les Arts Florissants, P. Agnew
- Marin Marais’s Alcyone (Ceix) – Opera Comique – L.Moaty/J.Savall
- Charpentier’s Acteon (title role) – Tehâtre des Champs Elysées – Les Talens Lyriques, C. Rousset
- Rameau’s Indes Galantes (Valère, Tacmas) – Bayerisch Staatsoper – Ivor Bolton/Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui,
-Handel’s Acis and Galatea (title role) – Opera Avignon – AL Liégeois, D. Guillon
- Monteverdi’s Il Ritorno d’Ulisse (Telemaco) Teatro Real – Christie/ Pizzi
- Lully’s Bellérophon & Amadis (title-role) European tour & live CD – C. Rousset
- Rameau’s Pygmalion (title-role) Opéra National du Rhin – H. Niquet
- Mozart’s Die Zauberflöte (Monostatos) Opéra de Bordeaux
- Rameau’s Platée (Tespis & Mercure) Teater an der Wien – W. Christie/R. Carsen
- Cavalli’s Egisto (Hipparco) Paris Opera Comique – V. Dumestre/B. Lazar
- Lully’s Atys (Morphée) Paris Opera Comique/Versailles Opera – Christie/J-M Villégier
Graduated in Physics at Lille’s University, Cyril Auvity completes his musical studies at the conservatory in Lille in 1999, and won the International singing contest in Clermont Ferrand the same year.
Chosen by William Christie, he started his career at a very young age, performing Telemacoin Monteverdi’s Ritorno di Ulisse in Patria in Aix en Provence Festival and performed the role throughout Europe and the USA.
He received numerous invitations to international festivals and opera houses: Perséeby Lully with Christophe Rousset; Cavalli’s Gli Strali d’Amore under the direction of Gabriel Garrido; Purcell’s The Fairy Queen with Christophe Rousset in a spanish tour; Lully’s Persée and Charpentier’s Médée in Toronto; Purcell’s Dido and Eneas at Nancy Opera House and at the Aldeburgh Festival; the title role in Charpentier’s Actéon with Emmanuelle Haïm.
His long lasting collaboration with William Christie continued with new productions like Les Arts Florissants by Charpentier and David & Jonatas(title role). He also debuted the title role in Rameau’s Pygmalion in a co-production between Nancy Opera House and Théâtre du Châtelet under the baton of HervéNiquet as well as in a new production of Destouches’s Callirhoé in Montpellier. He took part in a big tour with Gounod’s Le Medecin malgré lui and debuted in Don Giovanni (Don Ottavio) with Emmanuel Krivine; he performed the same role in a stage production in Montpellier where the following year he sang Taminoin The Magic Flute.In Lille’s Opera he sang Basilio in Mozart’s Le Nozze di Figaro with Emanuelle Haïm and Le Concert d’Astrée.
Cyril Auvity has recorded for several major labels like Erato, Naïve, EMI/Virgin, Zig-ZagTerritoires etc. among them we cite the recent recording of the title role in Lully’s Bellérophon and Amadis. with Christophe Rousset.
He has found his own ensemble L’Yriade to explore the repertoire of Cantatas. With his closiests musicians, he has released for Zig-Zag Territoire a CD intitled “Orphée” with masterpeices of Rameau, Clérambault etc. and later a CD dedicated to Bonnoncini and last released for Glossa intitled “Stances du Cid” has been awarded Diapason d’Or by the music specialized magazine Diapason.
Some of his recent projects have been: Handel’s Partenope in several theaters in Italy, with Ottavio Dantone; Telemaco in Monteverdi’s Il Ritorno d’Ulisse in Madrid Teatro Real with William Christie and Pier luigi Pizzi; Lully’s Thésée in Paris and in Lille with Emmanuelle Haïm; Lully’s Amadis(title-role) in Avignon and Massy; King Arthur under the baton of Joël Suhubiette; he is Pan in Cavalli’s La Calisto at the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées with Christophe Rousset and Morphée in Lully’s Atys under the baton of William Christie, staged by Jean-François Villégier; a new production of Cavalli’s Egisto at the Opéra Comique with Vincent Dumestre and staged by Benjamin Lazar; Pastore in the Orfeo production in Theater an der Wien with Ivor Bolton; Rameau’s Indes Galantes in Toulouse Capitole conducted by Christophe Rousset, Monostatos in Die Zauberflöte (Monostatos) in Bordeaux opera staged by Laura Scozzi, Acis and Galatea with Leonordo Garcia Alarcon in Amsterdam Concertgebouw and scenic production with Damien Guillon and Anne Laure Liégeois etc.
Recent and forthcoming engagements include: Platée (Tespis, Mercure) in Stuttgart stage by Calixto Bieto, an other production staged by Robert Carsen with William Christie in Theater an der Wien, Opera Comique in Paris, Capitole in Toulouse; a tour of Mondonville & Rameau’s Grands Motets with William Christie, new production of Campra’s Fêtes Vénitiennes at Opera Comique with William Christie and Robert Carsen, stage version of Acis and Galatea (Title role) with Damien Guillon/A-L Liégeois, Rameau’s Indes Galantes (Valère, Tacmas) at the Bayerisch Staatsoper with Ivor Bolton/Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Charpentier’s Acteon (Title role) with Les Talens Lyriques, Orfeo (Title role) with Les Arts Florissants, Ceix in Marin Marais Alcyone with Jordi Savall and Louise Moaty at Opera Comique and Madrid …
Last edited May 2016
Download Biography in English : AUVITY Cyril CV_ENG