- M. Sakurada and B. Arnould in Holland for St Matthew Passion experience!
- New release! Cyril Auvity and Les Talens Lyriques : Lully’s Amadis !
- Benoît Arnould makes his role debut this week as Papageno !
- Damien Guillon and Le Banquet Céleste in Festival de Saintes
- Benoît Arnould is Tancrède in Versailles
- no article present
- no article present
- Enea in Purcell’s Dido and Enea, Opera Wallonie
- Bach’s Johannes Passion – D. Reuss
- Bach’s Matthaüs Passion (Jesus), Bach Nederlands Vereniging
- Rameau’s Zaïs (Cindor), European Tour – C. Rousset
- Mozart’s Die Zauberflöte (Papageno), Opera de Vichy
- Campra’s Tancrède (title-role), Opéra Avignon
- Rameau’s Indes Galantes, Bordeaux opera – C. Rousset/L. Scozzi
- Bach’s Cantatas; Fauré’s Requiem & Mozart’s Große Messe – P. Herreweghe
- Mozart’s Cosi fan tutte (Guglielmo), Beaune Festival – M. Minkowski
- Rameau’s Dardanus (Anténor), French tour & CD – R. Pichon
- Rameau’s Platée (Jupiter), Stuttgart Staatsoper – C. Curnyn/C. Bieto
- Charpentier’s Médée, Paris, Théâtre Champs-Elysées – E. Haim/P. Audi
Benoit Arnould entered the Conservatoire de Metz to study singing then with Christiane Stutzmann at the Conservatoire de Nancy, where he won in 2007 a gold medal and an advanced first prize in lyrical singing.
He won the “Classical lyric revelation of Adami 2007”. His career as a soloist began in Switzerland with Michael Radulescu and debuted operatic roles with Hervé Niquet and Le Concert Spirituel in Charpentier’s Médée and Lully’s Proserpine.
He has performed many oratorios including Christ and Arias in Bach’s Passions, Lucifer in La Resurrezione by Handel, Fauré’s Requiem and Mozart’s Requiem & Mass, under the baton of Marc Minkowski, Philippe Herreweghe, Ton Koopman, Christophe Rousset, Emmanuelle Haïm, Raphaël Pichon, Leonardo Garcia Alarcon and Peter Neumann in different festivals as La Chaise Dieu, Festival de St Denis, Ambronay, Beaune, Saintes, Rheingau Musik Festival, Musikfest Bremen, Seville, Fes and important venues as Salle Pleyel, Barbican Center London, KKL Luzern, Milano and Madrid Auditoriums, Victoria Hall in Geneva or the Library of Congress in Washington…
He has taken part in several recordings including: Tancrède’s Campra title-role, Anténor in Rameau’s Dardanus with Ensemble Pygmalion and Florestan in Lully’s Amadis with les Talens Lyriques.
On opéra stage, the baritone is Papageno in Zauberflöte staged by Pet Halmen / Eric Vigil, Tancrède (titlerole) by Campra in Avignon and Versailles opéras; Bellone/Don Alvar in Rameau’s Indes Galantes staged by Laura Scozzi in Bordeaux opéra, Arcas in Charpentier’s Médée with Emmanuelle Haïm and staged by Pierre Audi in Paris Théâtre des Champs-Élysées and Lille opéra; Guglielmo in Cosi Fan Tutte (semi-staged version) with Marc Minkowski; King Arthur with Ton Koopman; Jupiter in Rameau’s Platée conducted by Jean-Claude Maggiore and later in Stuttgart Staatsoper staged by Calixto Bieto, etc.
Recently, he sang Cindor in Rameau’s Zaïs at the Amsterdam Concertgebouw and Vienna Theater an der
Wien, and also Bach’s Matthäus Passion on tour with the Nederlandse Bach Vereniging.
Among his upcoming projects we mention: Bach and Zelenka with le Banquet Céleste conducted by Damien Guillon, Bach solo cantatas with Café Zimmeran, collaboration with Vaclav Luks and Collegium vocale 1704, Faure’s Requiem with Philippe Herreweghe and l’Orchestre des Champs-Élysées in Japan and South Korea, Le legrime di San Pietro with Collegium Vocale Gent in Canada and the USA, Enea in Dido and Enea staged by Julien Lubek and Cécile Roussat with Poeme Harmonique V. Dumestre in Rouen, Vichy and Versailles and later in Opera Wallonie with Guy van Waas/Les Agréments; European tour of St John Passion with Daniel Reuss etc.
Date Last Edited Septembre 2017